What are your feelings about receiving the United Soccer Coaches, “2020 Advocacy of Excellence” award?
Overwhelmed with gratitude for all the people that have contributed to my journey as a soccer coach and very thankful to be at the right place at the right time. I now understand why my mother arranged for me, as an 11-year-old, to live with my grandparents and go to school in the USA. A handful of people in my youth instilled in me a work ethic that has helped me in my journey.
What “words of advice” do you have for:
- Practice striking balls and play as much as you can after organized training sessions.
- Play for the love of the game.
- Do well in school.
- Share your knowledge with younger players.
- Support the game at all levels.
- Get involved in coaching or officiating.