So here is my match analysis.
- Keep track of who wins the one-on-one duels. This is a simple column of (+) for one side and ( )- for the other. Who wins the most?
- Ball possession for us. There are three major components to this: to kicking it into a crowd? My #2 keeper keeps track of this.
- Does the keeper pass or throw the ball as opposed
- What happens with throw-ins? Is the throw a safe one square or behind square or a throw-away into a crowd or simply down the line?
- On dead ball situations not near the goal do we maintain possession with a square pass or even a back pass? We keep track of that.
My “Simple Match Analysis” offerings continue at fundamentalsoccer.com